Ameritube was charged with producing SA249 316/316L bent tubing for a customer in Canada. Ameritube has expertise in maintaining strict adherence to customer requirements and
The job consisted of some large bends, in excess of 85″ in diameter. Ameritube was also tasked with a number of requirements as follows:
1.U-BENDS PLUS 12″ TANGENT SHALL BE SOLUTION ANNEALED AFTER BENDING.
BEND ANNEAL TEMP AT 1950 DEGREES F.
2. TUBES TO MEET SUPPLEMENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF SA-249 S8
3. WELDED TUBES SHALL BE SUPPLIED IN THE SOLUTION ANNEALED CONDITIONS
AND TESTED PER ASTM E426(EDDY CURRENT TESTING) OR SUPPLEMENTAL
REQUIREMENTS SA-249 S9 (ADDITIONAL TESTING OF WELDED TUBING FOR ASME
SECTION I). NDE REPORT REQUIRED
4. FOLLOWING TESTING SHALL BE PERFORMED PER HEAT NO. TEST SHALL BE
PERFORMED BY TUBE VENDOR PER ASTM 262 PRACTICE A AND EPR METHOD TEST PER
ASTM G108. AFTER SAMPLES HAVE PASSED TESTING, VENDOR SHALL SUPPLY TWO(2)
5. TUBES TO BE 316L/316 DUAL CERTIFIED
6. NO CHINESE MATERIAL ALLOWED
7. ALL DIMENSIONS ARE +/ 1/16″
The pictures above demonstrate the difficulty in bending long tubes with large radius’s. Ameritube had to bend some of the